How to Reset an NBN Box?
How Do I Reset My NBN Box?
I’ve been experiencing some connectivity issues with my NBN service lately, and I think it might be related to the NBN box itself. Can you provide me with a detailed guide on how to safely reset my NBN box to see if that resolves the issue? Also, I’ve heard some boxes have a reset button; does that apply to all models, including the FTTC one?
Here Is how to Reset an NBN Box?
The process of resetting an NBN box is essentially restarting the entire unit. This can be an effective way of resolving issues that aren’t a result of the service provider. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Turn off the power to the NBN box at the wall outlet.
- Disconnect all the power cables from the NBN box and wait for 2 minutes.
- After the 2-minute interval, reconnect the cables.
- Turn the power back on to the NBN box power supply.
- The NBN box will take up to five minutes to restart. If the network connection issue wasn’t a result of problems with your service provider, everything should return to normal.
- Some NBN boxes come with a reset button. For these, you can use a pin and push it into the small hole labelled ‘reset’. Holding the pin in the hole for 10 to 15 seconds will reset the NBN box and address any temporary device issues. This is the same procedure used for the NBN box FTTC as it also has a reset button
Need To Fix Your Internet Services?
Facing constant NBN dropouts or slow speeds? Don’t suffer any longer! Book our expert fault-finding service now to diagnose and fix your internet woes for good. We’re just a call away at 02 9188 1577, or visit our website to schedule an appointment. Let’s get you back online, fast!