SECURE A COM
Call: 02 9188 1577
Experiencing problems with your phone line ?
ADSL has slowed to a crawl ?
If you are experiencing problems with your phone line and you have been told by your ISP or Telco that you need an ACMA approved telephone technician to make repairs to your phone line? You have come to the right place. We are highly trained and accredited telephone technician that can provide fast fault finding and repairs to your home or business phone or ADSL line. We are registered cablers with the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
7 days to pay invoice
Credit Card Accepted
Value for Money
Phone Line Repair
How we repair your phone line.
- Carry out initial speed test and log
- Carry out equipment isolation test
- Check network side of the cable for faults
- Carry out internal wiring test
- Manually inspect phone sockets for damage or corrosion
- Locate disruptive fault
- Make repairs or replace and upgrade cable or sockets
- Carry out speed test and log
- Re connect all equipment
- Carry out final speed test
- Photograph and write written report on what was found
- Upload videos to our YouTube channel if fault found in the Network
- Email report to you at time of signing, and video link later that day.
Things You Can Do To Check Yourself
- Perform an initial Speed Test
- Note what upload and download speed you have
- Disconnect everything connected to your phone sockets except the modem
- If you have a back to base alarm unplug that also
- Now run a second speed test, if speed goes up it might be your equipment
- If speed doesn’t change, check your lead and filter for signs of corrosion
- If corroded change leads or filter and test again
- If you are getting internet and no dial tone, you have 1 leg open circuit, this will need to be looked at by a technician.
- If you want to spend more time, take the covers off the socket and see if corrosion is present and if the two wires are attached?
- If all else fails book online here to have one of our technicians fix it for you.
Faults fixed in 1 Hour
Faults fixed in 2 Hours
Faults fixed in 3 Hours
Getting a Refund from your ISP if the Fault is their Problem
Phone line repairs are best left to the experts, and that is what you are getting by using our service. We are the number 1 ACMA accredited go to company in Sydney for private fault finding services for your internal phone cabling. There are many things that can affect your phone lines quality and ADSL speeds, from faulty equipment such as filters, leads, fax machines, back to base alarm systems, to a myriad of other things that can be plugging into your internal phone network. It can also be things like a faulty length of cable, corroded socket terminals, loose connections, or a fault that is not in your home wiring or equipment but inside the Telstra distribution network.
Most of the time you would have rang your ISP and told them you are having a problem with your phone line, they might have run some tests over the phone, and either told you the problem is internal and you should use a private technician, or, they will send out one of Telstra’s technician or contractors to look for you. But they also tell you if they find the problem to be internal that they will charge you a hefty sum of money per every 15 min that this tech was there, and this is not to fix the problem but just to tell you that you have one. And then you find out they don’t fix this problem and you need to use a private technician.
Now what do you do? Well a lot of times in this case it is better much better to use our service first, and here is why.
- We can be there sooner
- If the fault is internal we will fix it on the spot
- This means if you had used the Telstra techs you would have paid twice
- Here is the kicker, if the fault is in the Telstra network, and they told you the fault was internal, we will draft a report and document our findings in written word, photos, and video, and speed test results that get emailed to you, now you can use this proof to go to your ISP and apply for a refund for using our service, because they advised you wrongly and now you are out of pocket.
- So, it ends up being a FREE service.
- We are the only company in Sydney to offer this kind of service
What Do I Do If the Fault Is in my Lead-in Cable?
If we on the day determine that the fault is in the network, you will need to call your ISP. Your ISP will log a fault with Telstra and then have a Telstra tech or contractor such as ISGM take a look at this fault for you. If they establish that indeed this is a network fault, and this fault is in your lead-in cable, this is where it can be a grey area and very frustrating. If you are not a Telstra customer there is a good chance that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is not going to move on having this cable replaced at their cost. As before back in the glory days of Telstra this cable was replaced at the cost of Telstra because it was still classed as part of the network, in all reality it still is part of the network but ISP’s can take up to 6 months just to have someone come out to take a look, and you are still paying for it.
Underground Lead-in Cables
They also give you the option of seeking your own contractors, this is where we just might be able to help. Depending on what you need we can excavate and trench in a new lead-in cable, enclosed in Australian Standard Communications Conduit and connect to the internals of your house and have the other end tested and ready for Telstra to connect into their network.
Aerial Lead-in Cables
On the other hand, you might have a fault in your lead-in cable and it comes in aerial and goes to a private steal pole first before it goes to your home or business. If this is the case due to OH&S reasons all technicians working for Telstra, contractor or employee are NOT permitted to climb these poles, so again you will need to find a company that can do this. We perform this service for our clients so you will be able to have a working line again.
Want a new socket somewhere?
Are you sick of running extension leads around your home or office to try to connect modems, phone, and fax machines to the nearest socket that is just not near enough? Let us wire in a brand-new socket for you so you can get rid of all that clutter. Install a new socket in just about any location of your home, unit, office, or factory, we will find the most discreet cable run so as not to be an eyesore. Once your new socket is installed by our ACMA accredited technician, it will be tested and ready for you to sign off on in no time, so you can get connected.
MDF Jumpering & Connections
1/347 Port Hacking Road Caringbah
Sydney NSW 2229