Beaming Internet Across Woronora Dam
SECURE A COM was approached with a unique and challenging task: to beam internet from the shore to a pontoon in the middle of Woronora Dam, and then from one pontoon to another. This project was commissioned by the Department of Defense, Australian Defence Force, and required a high level of expertise and precision.
The project required the creation of a network that could transmit internet signals across the dam, connecting multiple pontoons. The complexity of the setup, the need for precise alignment, and the environmental factors such as UV rays and wind made this a particularly demanding task.
Before SECURE A COM was approached, several other companies had attempted to solve this problem but were unsuccessful. The unique challenges presented by the location and the specific requirements of the Australian Defence Force had proven too complex for previous solutions.
Phase 1: Initial Setup and Configuration
- Security Clearance: Upon arrival at the dam, security clearance was obtained, and contact was made with the Department of Defense representative.
- Site Assessment: A thorough assessment of the site was conducted to understand the layout and requirements.
- Configuration of Devices: The devices were configured to shoot internet signals across the dam. The highest power level was set to ensure connectivity over a few hundred meters.
Phase 2: Installation and Testing
- Installation of Devices: Devices were installed at strategic locations to ensure optimal connectivity.
- Testing: Rigorous testing was conducted to ensure that the internet was working as expected. A speed test confirmed 23 megabits per second, matching the speed on the other side of the dam.
- UV Protection: UV protection was added to the Cat 6 cable to ensure a longer lifespan.
Phase 3: Final Configuration and Completion
- Final Configuration: All devices were configured, and the network was made neat and secure.
- Completion: The project was successfully completed, with internet beamed across Woronora Dam, connecting the required locations.
This project showcased the technical prowess and problem-solving capabilities of SECURE A COM. Where others had failed, our team succeeded in implementing a complex solution that met the specific needs of the Australian Defence Force. The success of this project further cements our reputation as one of the leading providers of internet, phone, and data cabling solutions.
For more information about Woronora Dam, you can visit this link.
About SECURE A COM
SECURE A COM is Sydney’s leading provider of internet, phone, and data cabling solutions. With over two decades of industry experience, we specialize in NBN fault-finding, installation work, and comprehensive telecommunications services. Our team of registered cablers is committed to delivering top-notch services, ensuring that we meet and exceed our client’s expectations.
Whether you’re facing slow internet, NBN internet dropouts, or need new cabling and socket installations, we have the expertise to get the job done right. Our successful projects, including complex tasks like beaming the internet across Woronora Dam for the Australian Defence Force, stand as a testament to our quality and reliability.
Ready to experience the best in telecommunications services? Book our services now and let us take care of your needs with professionalism and precision. Give us a call on 02 9188 1577 to find out more.
Head Internet Technician
Jason Kearney is the Head Technician at SECURE A COM, with qualifications spanning NBN, ADSL, phone, and data cabling. Starting as an electrician, Jason quickly delved into the telecommunications sector, leading crucial projects like the rehabilitation of the Telstra network. With credentials in both managerial and technical aspects, he now specialises in phone line and NBN fault location and repair, serving both homes and businesses with effective and personalised telecommunications solutions