How to fix the red optical light on the NBN box?
How Do I Reset My NBN Modem?
Hello SECURE A COM team, I’ve noticed a red optical light on my NBN box, and I’m concerned there might be an issue with my fibre optic connection. Can you guide me on how to troubleshoot this and what steps I should take to resolve it? I’d appreciate your expert advice on this matter. Thank you
Here Is how to fix the red optical light on the NBN box?
How to fix the red optical light on the NBN box? A red optical light on the NBN box indicates an issue with the fibre optic connection. Here’s how you can troubleshoot it:
- Turn off the NBN box at the plug socket.
- Turn the NBN box back on, ensuring that the optical light and power lights are on.
- If the cover of the NBN box is on, remove it.
Resolving the Red Optical Light:
- If the optical light is red, try resetting the NBN box using a pen or paperclip to press the reset button.
- If resetting doesn’t resolve the red optical light, contact your service provider and inform them that your FTTP connection is not working and the Optical light is red.
Checking Modem Connection:
- Ensure both the power light and optical light on the NBN box are green.
- Check that your modem is properly connected from the WAN port to the appropriate UNI-D port of the NBN box.
- If the UNI-D port light doesn’t turn green or amber, try connecting to the other UNI-D ports. If none turn green or amber, contact your service provider.
Need To Fix Your Internet Services?
Facing constant NBN dropouts or slow speeds? Don’t suffer any longer! Book our expert fault-finding service now to diagnose and fix your internet woes for good. We’re just a call away at 02 9188 1577, or visit our website to schedule an appointment. Let’s get you back online, fast!