Granny Flat Sharing NBN Internet with Main House Connection
In the telecommunications industry, establishing a seamless connection between two separate living spaces is a common but intricate task. This case study explores how we expertly enabled a granny flat in the Sydney suburb of Turramurra to share NBN Internet FTTC with the main house connection.
Internet Service Sharing Between the Main House and the Granny Flat
- Granny Flat Construction: During the construction phase, a Cat5 cable had already been installed from the side of the granny flat to the socket.
- Conduit Placement: A conduit was already installed between the granny flat and the house, a sensible solution for the substantial distance involved. This is a very good idea in the construction phase of your granny flat build.
- Service Requirement: The client wanted to share the existing service with the main house, as a relative would be living in the granny flat.
- Underground Cabling: A proper underground Cat6 cable was required to maintain integrity and to keep moisture at bay.
- Conduit Measurements: Precise measurements were needed to avoid extra work and ensure an accurate fit.
The Solution: A Meticulous Implementation of Cat6 Cabling
Phase 1: Inspection and Planning
- Moisture Protection: The underground Cat6 cable was equipped with grease inside to shield against moisture.
- Draw Wire Placement: A draw wire was carefully positioned under the house, popping up where the socket would be placed.
Phase 2: Cable Routing and Connection
- Underground Cat6 Cable: The specific type of cable, crucial for underground linkage, was used.
- Cable Routing: The cable was routed to the house where the router was located.
- Socket Installation: Sockets were placed at both ends, connecting the Cat6 cable and the pre-existing Cat5.
Phase 3: Final Installation
- RJ45 Sockets: These were installed at each end, connecting the cables.
- Testing: A thorough test was conducted to ensure a successful pass from the house’s socket to the granny flat.
- Router Connection: Finally, the router was hooked up, and everything was tested to confirm full functionality.
- WiFi Setup: The SECURE A COM technician expertly set up the WiFi router for the young mother living in the granny flat, ensuring she had immediate access to the Internet.
|Initial Assessment||Inspection||Identified Needs|
|Cable and Socket Placement||Precise Measurement & Installation||Successful Connection|
|Testing and Final Hook-Up||Systematic Approach||Fully Functional System|
|WiFi Setup for the Young Mother||Expert Configuration||Immediate Access|
The project was completed with attention to detail, utilising industry best practices. The final outcome is a seamless granny flat sharing NBN Internet FTTC with the main house connection, ensuring uninterrupted internet service, and immediate access for the young mother living in the granny flat.
Your Trusted Partner in Telecommunication Solutions
At SECURE A COM, we pride ourselves on providing top-notch NBN fault-finding services in Sydney. Our team of skilled technicians and experts delivers unparalleled solutions for all your phone, data, and internet service needs.
With over 114 5-star reviews, we are the number one choice for people in Sydney struggling with their NBN service. Whether it’s installations such as NBN socket relocations or fault detection, our professionalism and expertise stand unmatched.
Head Internet Technician
Jason Kearney is the Head Technician at SECURE A COM, with qualifications spanning NBN, ADSL, phone, and data cabling. Starting as an electrician, Jason quickly delved into the telecommunications sector, leading crucial projects like the rehabilitation of the Telstra network. With credentials in both managerial and technical aspects, he now specialises in phone line and NBN fault location and repair, serving both homes and businesses with effective and personalised telecommunications solutions