NBN Fault-Finding and Repair at Rydalmere | Bridge Tap Removal
In a technical world where staying connected is vital, SECURE A COM, Sydney’s leading NBN fault-finding service, is dedicated to ensuring uninterrupted internet connections. This case study provides an in-depth analysis of our recent mission at Rydalmere, highlighting the complexity of the problem, our approach, the fault-finding process, and the customer-oriented solutions we provided.
The customer, situated in Rydalmere and connected to NBN fibre to the node, experienced constant interruptions in internet service. An NBN contractor had recently been to the site and identified the problem as a bridge tap on the line. However, no corrective measures were taken, leaving the customer frustrated and disconnected. SECURE A COM was called to investigate further.
The technician commenced the work by conducting an inspection under the house to understand the wiring and potential problems.
Faulty Wiring and Bridge Taps
The inspection revealed:
- Blue White Pair: This was the source of the tone coming from the socket.
- Yellow Cable: This cable was using a single pair, with the second pair unconnected.
- Granny Flat Connection: One of the cables led to a granny flat, adding complexity to the connection.
- Potential Leading Cable Issue: A suspicion that this may have contributed to the problem.
- Several Bridge Taps: These were found across different cables, potentially disrupting the connection.
Previous Contractor’s Mistakes
The previous NBN contractor left some indications of poor workmanship, such as:
- Inadequate Testing Tools: The testing joints did not look like those used by a standard NBN technician.
- Abandoning the Customer: The previous technician merely left a piece of the lead-in cable and left the premises without solving the problem.
Removal of Bridge Taps
- Installing New Cable: The SECURE A COM technician decided to utilise the leading cable left by the previous technician.
- Replacing Old Sockets: A brand new Clipsal socket was installed, replacing the old-fashioned one.
- Testing: Comprehensive testing was carried out to ensure the cable’s integrity.
The work was not without its challenges:
- Difficult Cable Routing: Running a new cable through timbers was risky and required careful planning.
- Cable Testing: Ensuring that the cable was properly tested was vital to a successful repair.
Final Connection and Verification
- Connection to the DPU: After ensuring that the bridge taps were removed, the connection was tested.
- Waiting for Connection: Connection was established to the street’s DPU.
- Customer Satisfaction: The customer was left with a stable, functioning internet connection.
Customer Support and Documentation
- Clear Documentation: The work was documented for the customer’s reference, including the description of all cables and connections.
- Education: The customer was informed about the process and the work that was carried out.
- Professionalism: The job’s complexity required a professional understanding of data cabling, bridge taps, and the specific nuances of the NBN network.
- Customer-Centric Approach: SECURE A COM focused on customer satisfaction, ensuring that the problem was not only identified but also solved.
- Quality Workmanship: The usage of high-quality components and a careful, methodical approach resulted in a successful repair.
Don’t Let Connectivity Issues Interrupt Your Life
If you are in Sydney and having issues with your NBN service, SECURE A COM is your number-one choice. With over 114 5-star reviews, our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction sets us apart. Whether it’s slow internet, NBN internet dropouts, bridge taps, or any other fault on your internet service, we’ve got the expertise to solve it.
Head Internet Technician
Jason Kearney is the Head Technician at SECURE A COM, with qualifications spanning NBN, ADSL, phone, and data cabling. Starting as an electrician, Jason quickly delved into the telecommunications sector, leading crucial projects like the rehabilitation of the Telstra network. With credentials in both managerial and technical aspects, he now specialises in phone line and NBN fault location and repair, serving both homes and businesses with effective and personalised telecommunications solutions