The Best Router For Gaming
Lag Time: The last thing you want when your playing a game is lag time. Lag is the gaps of time that your computer or device doesn’t get to communicate with any other devices and can even disconnect from applications or networks. These are frustrating for every gamer, but especially if they happen in the middle of a battle! If you plan on gaming online.
TP-LINK ARCHER AX11000
Powered By Glory
You know you want to experience lag-free, ultra-fast, tri-band networking at peak run. Why wait any longer? Get your new AX11000 Next-Gen Tri-Band Gaming Router today – power through wireless interference like it’s nothing and never lose connection in the 5G band ever again with this amazing tech!
NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming 6-Stream WiFi 6 Router (XR1000)
Welcome to the future
Your router is about to get a total upgrade. Join the next generation of WiFi with this top-of-the-line six stream gaming router. The model has state of the art technology like MU-MIMO and OFDMA, which are designed to help you avoid laggy gameplay when you’re up against some tough opponents. Beamforming+ significantly increases connectivity range so no matter where your device connects from it’ll enjoy superfast speeds that make streaming videos smooth as butter—even if they’re 4K UHD videos at 60mbps!
ROG RAPTURE GT-AC2900, AC2900 WIFI GAMING ROUTER
The force is with you
ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC2900 Dual-band Wi-Fi Gaming Router – Network device type: Router, data speed (Mbps): 1734, frequency band: Dual Band (2.4/5.0GHz), beamforming: Yes. PC Gaming Device – Gaming router, USB 2.0 Ports: 1, USB 3.0 Ports: 1, Ethernet / LAN ports: 5
ASUS RT-AX88U, AX6000
Gaming Router Router
Super Fast wifi 6
This new WiFi 6 router from ASUS is the go-to choice for ultrafast speeds and fantastic coverage. With 4 antennas, 8 LAN ports, and support for both AiMesh Wi-Fi system as well as being compatible with Amazon Alexa voice commands, this new device offers all you need to meet your networking needs. It has security features that rival even those of some mobile networks including AiProtection Pro powered by Trend Micro™ which blocks internet threats to all connected devices. From streaming gaming to surfing the web, living room or in a remote spot in your house; RT-AX88U does it all!
The newly developed 802.11ax standard gives higher efficiency rates than ever before.
ASUS RT-AX82U AX5400 WIFI 6 GAMING ROUTER
kill em dead low lag
Your full-speed wireless dream is here. Gear up for this Dual Band Router that features a seamless PS5 gaming experience, plus adaptive QoS and generous Gigabit Ethernet ports with MU-MIMO support. To top it off, you can customize your WiFi device with 16 million colours worth of ASUS AURA RGB mood lighting. So don’t let lag hold you back—submerge in the moment of ubiquitous high-speed connectivity today!
ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000 GAMING ROUTER
10 Gigabit Killer
The ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 is the most powerful gaming router on the market. Boost your network performance for PC gaming with 11,000 Mbps of speed and 3 ax connections to keep devices running smoothly. With a convenient 6 ft adjustable antenna that has been designed specifically for indoor or outdoor use, it’s never been easier to dominate online battles. It also has 2 USB ports for ultrafast access and transfer speeds.
2. Consider what kind of internet service you have: Most people nowadays have either cable, VDLS or DSL connections at home. While connection speeds may vary for each user, there’s a good chance that you’ll be able to take advantage of a much faster connection speed with any new router. Check out how fast your connection is right now to figure out whether or not it’s worth upgrading!
3. Learn about the different features: Each device will have its own unique range of features and capabilities, so be sure to read up on the router main points so you can be sure it supports the devices you want to connect now and in the future. You may even want to consider keeping your current router for certain things, such as an XBox or PS4 connection.
4. Consider other options: One of the easiest ways to make sure that your gaming is lag-free is to set up a wireless network in your home. This way, you can connect each of your devices regardless of what the router may be capable of. You can also look into a wired ethernet connection for even faster speeds. While this may take more effort and time to install than just plugging in with an ethernet cable, it’s worth doing if you find that your connection is causing you a lot of lag time.
6. Consider the size: This is more of a personal preference because many routers come in all shapes and sizes these days! Still, you may want to consider having a router that will fit with your decor instead of just getting the one that delivers the best speed or coverage right away.
7. Consider security features: Another thing to consider is what security features are important to you when it comes to a new router. Do you stream video regularly, or do you use your internet connection for your business? These may be things that matter more than whether or not the router has dual-band capabilities.
8. Consider signal strength: The quality of your connection can make a huge difference in the speed and lag time of your games, so it’s important to consider how much coverage you’ll have throughout your home. Many routers offer signal strength indicators to show you where exactly the connection is strong or weak, before buying.
10. Consider other perks: One final thing to look at is any extra features on your router. Many routers come with USB or SD ports so that you can easily share files and media throughout your network. They may even come with apps that let you check on signal strength, set up parental controls or connect to other networks for easy streaming.
11. Consider the extra cost: You’ll want to plan out how much money you’ll have left after paying for the router itself when figuring out what kind of features are right for you. If you want a top of the line router with all kinds of extra perks, you’ll need to be prepared for that price as well!
12. Consider what kind of games you play: Certain game genres will rely more heavily on faster connection speeds and powerful routers than others. For example, if your favourite games are online first-person shooters, you’ll want a router that prioritizes speed and security. If your games are often online multiplayer, you’ll need to ensure that the signal strength is excellent for everyone on your network!
1. Never underestimate the power of Wi-Fi! The easiest way to connect all of your devices wirelessly is to install a wireless network in your home. This way, you can connect each of your devices regardless of what the router may be capable of and attain faster speeds as well. You might also consider getting a wired ethernet connection if you want even faster speeds.
2. Replace your old router! This is a very simple fix for most, but some people do not realize that getting a new router will actually solve their slow internet connection problem. Most of the time, old routers are outdated and either cannot keep up with today’s technology or they may have been damaged by water or power issues over years of use. So, get a new one and you might find that those speeds return!
3. Do not overload your router! Make sure to check how many devices are hooked up to the internet at once, as well as how many people may be streaming media in your home at any given time. If possible, remove some devices or make sure that your router can handle the demands of everyone in your home.
4. Find out if it is possible for you to move your router! If you are having internet connection issues, take a look at where your router is located and see if there may be another place in the home that could provide better service while also being in a convenient spot!
Get The Best online prices for the coolest tech gear in Australia
4G LTE Advanced Mobile WiFi Internal 4G Modem SIM card slot 1.4 inch TFT screen displ. 2550mAH rechargeable battery micro SD card slot LTE-FDD/DC-HSPA/GSM 300Mbps 2.4GHz/5GHz selectable Dual Band WiFi$111.30
Acer Nitro N50-600 Gaming PC – Intel Core i7-8700$2,441.35
Allied Esports Gaming PC: Ryzen 3 3100, RX 570 8GB, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Gaming Computer Desktop PC$1,099.00
Jason is the head technician and founder of SECURE A COM. He has worked in the industry since 1998. Working on Telstra infrastructure projects, install and maintenance contracts, and now runs SECURE A COM servicing B2B and B2C customers.